The Ford Taurus, Ford Explorer and the 2013 Lincoln MKS have achieved the best results of the NHTSA safety
• The Ford Taurus, Ford Explorer and the 2013 Lincoln MKS have received five-star rating from the government of the United States for their performance in the context of frontal and lateral collisions and rollover resistance.
• All vehicles are equipped with air bags and redraw restraint improved, which allowed them to stand out during crash tests New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
• These three vehicles are also fitted with restraints assets and liabilities and aid to the conduct that help drivers avoid potential accidents functions.
Three products of the Ford Motor Company or the Ford Taurus, Ford Explorer and the 2013 Lincoln MKS, obtained the best results in tests to safely NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration). These vehicles have received five-star rating in crash tests New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) of the NHTSA, which are used to test the resistance of vehicles in frontal and lateral impacts even at rollover.
"Ford and Lincoln vehicles are dotes functions and technologies under our commitment to the safety of those who buy our products," stated Robert Brown, Vice President, Sustainability, Environment and Safety engineering Ford. "The ratings in the last crash test NHTSA used to recognize that Ford seeks always improve the safety devices of the driver and passengers under real accident situations. "
The Ford Taurus, Ford Explorer and the 2013 Lincoln MKS are all equipped with air bags and redraw held devices that include safety belt pretensioners and a anchor tabs seat belt locks. The Explorer is the first Ford vehicle with a passenger side knee.
The Ford Taurus, Ford Explorer and the 2013 Lincoln MKS still offer a full range of security technologies and aid driving, serial and optional, including:
• adaptive airbags at the front: These bags are deployed way of full or partial depending on the size and position of the passenger, the state of seat belts; force deployment is adapted to the severity of the impact.
• System Security Overhead: The system includes a rollover sensor and side curtain airbags to better protect the head of outboard occupants of the first and second rows (and the third row in the Explorer) in certain types of collisions lateral or rollover.
• inflatable safety belts: These belts are available with the seats of the second row of the Explorer 2013; they provide additional protection for rear passengers.
• AdvanceTrac ® with Electronic Stability Control: From series for Taurus and MKS; Explorer series is equipped with the AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control.
• Control of the speed curve: if the vehicle receives enters a curve too quickly. The system reacts to driver input by rapidly reducing torque and increasing the pressure applied to the brakes to help the driver to follow the course desired.
• Collision Warning and Brake Assist before: the Active cruise control, it warns the driver by projecting a message on the windshield and emitting an audible signal when it detects the presence of slower vehicles. It also precharge the brakes to facilitate braking.
• Alert System after impact: This activates when an airbag deployment or activation of a safety belt pretensioner to alert passers-by and emergency services of the position of the vehicle in unlocking the doors and sounding the horn and flashing lights distress.
• Information System BLIS with cross-traffic alert: The system can detect vehicles in blind spots during normal as well as vehicles approaching on the side of the car when the driver makes a reverse movement in displacements parking.
• MyKey ® programmable Cle: Allows owners to restrict certain functions of the vehicle, in order to promote good driving habits to young drivers or inexperienced drivers. It is possible to program the function Minder Belt-Minder ® (which limits the speed and volume of the audio chain), the early onset of the witness low fuel level, and prevent the deactivation of driver assistance functions (such as parking assistance and information system BLIS). The "Do not disturb" function, one of the new features MyKey can block incoming calls and to discourage the sending of text messages while driving; it can also block the satellite radio programming explicit content.
The Ford Taurus, Ford Explorer and Lincoln MKS are built to the Chicago Assembly Plant and are on the market since the beginning of the year.
View the gallery
Read more about:
More Popular Images