Lexus recorded the best year in its history in 2013
Lexus eyeing the best roads in Canada
Toyota Canada establishes an annual record sales of trucks
An unprecedented year for truck sales TCI. Toyota RAV4, Tacoma 4X4, Prius c and Scion FR-S have annual sales records.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) reported total sales of 195,360 vehicles in 2013, an increase of 1.7% over 2012. This is the best year in the history of Lexus, which sold 15,949 luxury vehicles, which represents an increase of 5.6%.
Thanks to the dominant sales RAV4 Canadian manufacturing, sales of trucks TCI experienced record year, with an increase of 8.6% to 92,781 units. The RAV4 has 11 records monthly sales records in a row, bringing to 33,156 the total sales of the compact SUV in 2013, which exceeded the previous annual record of 25,942 units established in 2012.
Highlights of Toyota sales for December 2013 (compared to 2012)
- Sales: 10,960 (up 3.6%) :: 174,433 for the year (up 1.9%)
- Sales of passenger cars: 4897 :: 90 088 for the year
- Avalon sales: 71 :: 1264 for the year (up 196.0%)
- Camry sales: 1,096 (up 54.4%) :: 15,113 for the year (up 2.4%)
- Corolla sales: 2442 (up 3.0%) :: 44,449 for the year (up 8.7%)
- Prius sales c: 101 :: New annual record of 2816 (up 11.3%)
- Toyota truck sales: 6,063 (up 11.3%) :: New annual record of 84,345 (8.6%)
- Sales 4Runner: 282 (12.8%) :: 3110 for the year (up 8.1%)
- Sales Highlander: 525 (up 7.8%) :: 6649 for the year (up 15.9%)
- Sales of Canadian-built RAV4: 2303 (up 54.9%) :: December :: New record for monthly sales record 11th in a row :: New annual record of 33,156 (27.8%)
- Sequoia sales: 63 (up 21.2%) :: 744 for the year
- Sales Tacoma 4X4: 595 :: New annual record of 9869 (up 3.6%)
- Tundra Sales: 639 (up 21.3%) :: 7535 for the year (up 4.1%)
"We thank our customers for their tremendous and ongoing support we benefited in 2013," said Larry Hutchinson, Vice President, Sales, Toyota Canada Inc. "With the launch of our new models and RAV4 Corolla manufacturing Canadian, we propose a new style, new technology and a great driving pleasure, while preserving the quality, the durability, reliability and fuel economy that Canadians expect from Toyota. The year 2014 promises even more exciting time as we continue to enhance our product range, starting with the launch of the new Toyota Highlander that Canadians can come and admire the car shows Montreal and Toronto at the beginning of this year. "
Highlights Lexus sales for December 2013 (compared to 2012)
- Downloads: 1189 (up 2.1%) :: New annual record of 15,949 (up 5.6%)
- Sales of luxury cars: 528 :: 7513 for the year (up 2.4%)
- Sales ES: 134 :: 2365 for the year (up 7.2%)
- Sales of IS: 244 (up 61.6%) :: New record for December :: 2327 for the year (up 43.6%)
- Sales LS: 15 :: 202 for the year (up 39.3%)
- Sales of luxury SUVs: 661 (up 9.8%) :: 8436 for the year (up 8.6%)
- Sales of GX 60 (up 25.0%) :: 351 for the year
- Sales LX: 29 (up 107.1%) :: 296 for the year (up 14.3%)
- RX sales: 508 (up 6.3%) :: 7165 for the year (up 12.2%)
Highlights Scion sales for December 2013 (compared to 2012)
- Sales: 199 :: 4978 for the year
- Sales FR-S: 52 :: New annual record of 1825 (up 24.1%)
Source: Toyota Canada Inc.
Read more about:
More Popular Images