Ford presented its "Recycle Your Vehicle"
Exchange your old vehicle for money and a new energy efficient model
Put your Ride a scrap and get back up to $ 3,000 Ford and up to $ 982 in fuel economy
Since October 1, consumers who send their old car recycling (2005 models and earlier) will receive up to $ 3,000 to purchase a new vehicle from Ford of Canada.
Program Ford "Recycle your vehicle" is a great way to help consumers save on their next vehicle purchase, while doing their part for the environment. Since its debut in 2009, the "Recycle your vehicle" Ford program has removed more than 50,000 vehicles obsolete and polluting enough to go twice around the earth. This helped to eliminate approximately 474,308 metric tons of pollutant emission, which could serve more than 260,000 bags a waste.
"In the uncertain economic environment in which we live, the" Recycle Your vehicle "Ford and allows more people to acquire a new vehicle incorporates the latest innovations in safety, fuel economy and smart technology," said said David Mondragon, president and CEO of Ford of Canada. "It's really a win-win for consumers, the economy and the environment. I am proud to say that Ford of Canada has helped to recycle more vehicles than any other automaker. "
To be eligible for the program "Recycle your vehicle"
1. Introduce yourself in the most near you with your vehicle 2005 or anterior Ford dealer. It must be registered and provides for the past three months to be eligible.
2. Proceed with the purchase or lease your new Ford vehicle and receive your bonus "Recycle your vehicle," in addition to the current premiums.
* Details of the program available on the website www.ford.ca effect from 1 October 2011.
New vehicles produce up to 19 times less polluting emission and significantly better than the old models energetics performance. For example:
• An average driver who changes a 1995 compact model typical for a 2012 Ford Focus could save about $ 343 of gasoline per year.
• An average driver changes a typical intermediate model 1995 for a 2012 Ford Fusion four-cylinder could save about $ 483 of gasoline per year.
• An average driver who changes an intermediate SUV 4X4 1995 for a typical 2012 Ford Edge EcoBoost endows the system could save about $ 982 of gasoline per year.
** Base on the values of fuel consumption of fuel consumption guide, Natural Resources Canada
Many Canadians do not know maybe not how far their old vehicle can be recycled. "The field of automotive recycling has changed a lot," said Steve Fletcher says, Recyclers of Canada Director Automotive (CRA). "The days of" course scrap "are ended. Auto recyclers today are organized and efficient, and are able to recycle more than 80 percent of a vehicle. "
• The steel industry recycles more than 12.7 million metric tons of steel from vehicles in end of life each year.
• Several parts are reconditioned and sold: starter, alternator, engine, gearbox, wheel hub, mirrors, seats, radio, doors, batteries.
• Liquids are drained for reuse or recycling: fuel, oil, coolant, washer fluid.
• Heavy metals such as lead and mercury are recycled.
• The refrigerants are reused or recycled.
• The tires are reused, if possible, or crushed, cleaned and transformed into useful items such as coatings of parks and gardens mulch.
When all reusable or recyclable materials are removed from the vehicle, the rest of the structure is flattened and pulverized into smaller pieces, and shredded to recover and recycle metals.
Since its formation in 1997, the Automotive Recyclers of Canada (ARC) is in reality an "association of associations" which became the national voice of the automotive recycling industry vehicles. It provides a meeting place and a forum to facilitate the dissemination of useful information and suggest solutions to problems of national importance. Affiliated Associations: Alberta Automotive Recyclers & Dismantlers Association (AARDA); Recycling Association of pieces of cars and trucks inc. (ARPAC); Automotive Recyclers Association of Atlantic Canada (ARAAC); Automotive Recyclers Association of Manitoba (ARM); British Columbia Automotive Recyclers (B-CAR); Saskatchewan Government Insurance (SGI) Salvage; Ontario Automotive Recyclers Association (OARA). 400 Automobile Recyclers RCAF undertake to perform processing of automobile recycling (ELV-disused vehicles) that is profitable, ecologically and responsibly. The RCAF carrying out this responsibility processing using the auto recyclers Environmental Code of Canada.
Read more about:
More Popular Images