Honda Canada celebrates 5 million cars built in Canada
Honda Canada Inc. has today celebrated its five millionth vehicle built in Canada assembly plant Honda of Canada Mfg.. (HCM) in Alliston, Ontario. This milestone demonstrates Honda's commitment to Canada since the beginning of its activities automobile manufacturing country there 23 years.
The five millionth vehicle built, a 2009 Honda Civic sedan, was awarded by the President and CEO of Honda Canada, Manabu Nishimae, to the Province of Ontario at a ceremony which took place at Queen's Park. Premier of Ontario, Dalton McGuinty, received the keys to the new Civic ceremony on behalf of the province and in turn gave the car the general director of Safe Kids Canada, Pamela Fuselli.
"This is an important achievement for Honda in Canada," stated Manabu Nishimae, President and CEO of Honda Canada Inc. "In 1986, we built the first of our three Canadian plants in Alliston, Consistent with the philosophy of our company is to manufacture our products close to our consumers. continually reinvests its profits Honda Canada as we strive to ensure that Canadians want us to continue our activities. We are more engaged in construction of ecological vehicles, safe and enjoyable. Our gift to the province, and Safe Kids Canada, testifies to this promise to our Canadian consumers and their security. "
"For 40 years, Honda has contributed very significantly to the economy of Ontario and Canada," said Premier McGuinty. "It is an honor for the province to receive the five millionth Honda vehicle and also see one of our non-profit organizations has received a donation from the purpose of a company which is now an integral part of the manufacturing sector Canada. "
"We thank Premier McGuinty, the Ontario government and Honda Canada for their support and commitment to make our roads safer for our children," stated the general director of Safe Kids Canada, Pamela Fuselli. "It is through such donations from our partners and our supporters that Safe Kids Canada can then provide Canadians with concrete and reliable solutions to prevent injuries and allow our children to lead an active life and healthy sure. "
- In 2008, Honda of Canada Mfg.. (HCM) was the second largest manufacturer of cars and light trucks combined in Canada.
- Honda Canada employs more than 5,000 associates from coast to another and provides employment to about 21,000 Canadians in its manufacturing facilities, sales offices and at its dealerships across the country.
- Up to 390,000 Honda and Acura vehicles, including the Honda Civic, Acura CSX and Acura MDX are built annually in two manufacturing plants of HCM in Alliston, Ontario. A third plant began operations manufacturing energy efficient 4-cylinder engines in September. Its annual production capacity is 200,000 engines.
- Honda Canada Inc. sells more than 170,000 cars and light trucks in Canada. Honda was the first Japanese company to build vehicles in Canada, where it manufactures the Honda Civic, the most sold in the country during the last 11 years car.
- The Honda Canada Foundation and its affiliated entities pay annual donations of non-profit organizations registered with the CRA across Canada to support initiatives in matters of security, education, engineering and environmental sustainable for children and youth.
Honda Canada Inc., which this year celebrates its 40th anniversary in Canada, has sold more than 3.2 million cars and trucks lightweight Honda and Acura. Nearly half of all vehicles Honda and Acura were sold in Canada in 2008 were manufactured in the country, is the highest percentage among all automakers in Canada.
Read more about:
More Popular Images