Toyota announces the death of Mr. Eiji Toyoda at the age of 100 years
He was the nephew of the founder of the Japanese manufacturer, Sakichi Toyoda.
He was president of Toyota between the years 1967 and 1982, then Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Japanese manufacturer from 1982 to 1992.
Under his governance that the Toyota company became a giant automotive respect around the world.
Among his great achievements, we owe,
- expansion of Toyota abroad;
- the entry of Toyota in America in 1966;
- his way of having bypasses americaines protectionist measures;
- Production in 1984 of the first Toyota "Made in USA" with GM;
- opening a U.S. factory own a Toyota;
- the creation of dozens of assembly plants around the world.
When Mr. Eiji Toyoda arrived at the Toyota management, the annual production of the manufacturer was of 800,000 units. Upon his departure, it stood at 4.6 million copies.
In 2008, Toyota became the largest automaker in the world, ahead of General Motors, and Volkswagen.
Read more about:
More Popular Images