Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: he won the "Canadian Truck King Challenge" in 2013
The Chevrolet Silverado HD takes part in a competition towing and transport against the best
After two days of competitions and more than 2 600 km of testing, the Silverado 3500HD 2013 Chevrolet won the title of Canadian Truck King Challenge 2013 before the Ford 350 and the 3500 Ram.
"The full-size truck segment is one of the most competitive in Canada, and it is an honor to see the Silverado HD has won the title of Canadian Truck King Challenge 2013, declared Sharon Sikorski, director of marketing trucks for GM Canada. Customers know what they need and what the competition offers.
When customers compare the 2013 Silverado HD, they find everything they need, including capabilities that competition is not able to offer. "
Five judges have a test truck for two days in southwestern Ontario. Day one was dedicated to towing a trailer with 14,500 lb hitch (40 feet long). For day two trailers were removed to make way for a load of 4480 lbs of roof shingles deposited in the truck (pallet 4 ft wide, 4 feet high and 5 feet long). The judges put to the test trucks by recording REAL odds fuel consumption, in addition to taking up as many passengers to assess the characteristics of each vehicle comfort
The Silverado 3500 HD 2013 is powered by a Duramax turbo-diesel engine 6.6L automatic transmission paired to a six-speed Allison 1000 Main features of the Duramax diesel.:
• 397 horsepower (296 kilowatts) is 3000 rev / min.
• 765 lb-ft (1037 Nm) of torque is 1600 rev / min.
• High pressure injection System (2000 bar or 30,000 lb / in?) Piezoelectric injectors has a higher efficiency, reduced emissions and increased performance.
• Exhaust Brake on ensuring control of the vehicle in slowing down without using the brakes.
• System for selective catalytic reduction to liquid injection diesel exhaust to optimize the features and performance of the diesel engine.
• Combustion and secondary treatment-optimized to extend the interval between regenerations of the particle filter, up to about 1,125 kilometers (700 miles), or 75% more than the previous system, which helps reduce the consumption of significant way because the process of regeneration of the consumed fuel.
• Compatibility with B20 biodiesel to provide the option of an alternative source of energy.
Box Allison 1000 transmission offers the selection of speeds push pallets in one direction or the other, and a patented method of warming the cab slowed accelerated. In addition, the transport mode / towing reduces the tendency of the box is too often change speed to facilitate mastery of the vehicle and improve cooling during transport or towing heavy loads.
Silverado 3500HD offers also:
• the highest in the category Maximum payload: 3276 kg (7222 lb)
• Capacity conventional towing the highest in the category: 8164 kg (18,000 lb)
• Towing Capacity on the highest fifth category: 10,478 kg (23,100 lb)
• Chassis in high resistance steel fully boxed
• Turbo-Diesel Duramax 6.6L counterpart 397 horsepower (296 kilowatts) and B20 biodiesel capabilities
• Reservoir petrol series of 136 liters (36 gallons)
• The exhaust brake on "smart" aid better control the truck down and reduces wear on the brake linings.
• Any battery of equipment to aid driving, the stabilizer electronic device of the trailer, integrated trailer brake control, using the boot sloping engine braking automatic sloping aid Intelligent Brake and larger brakes.
Read more about:
More Popular Images