Lexus GS 450h 2011 hybrid without compromise
The Lexus division of Toyota presents us declination his 2011 model GS 450h hybrid powertrain. A luxury sedan that combines both a performance and fuel economy. Or if you prefer, the power of a V8 and the economy of a four cylinder engine, or almost.
Beyond consumption ratings, the Lexus 450h GG remains a large sedan that offers more opulent bluntly luxury, comfort and many Treats all very high level.
Aesthetically, it differentiates from other models in the range by using a calender its own decals and "Hybrid" placed at strategic points of the body. In addition, it displays a new body color - black zircon-mica - has reserved the latter.
To learn more, here is the press release issued by Lexus of Canada
No more compromise hybrid performance luxury sedan Lexus GS 450h offers advanced performance, intelligent sophistication and contemporary luxury
(TORONTO) - Lexus Canada invites its guests to discover a real high performance luxury hybrid vehicle without compromise. As effective as some vehicles has four cylinders, the GS 450h combines exceptional power and performance characteristics of a fan of luxury while providing superior energy efficiency.
"Our guests will discover the true meaning of contemporary luxury by taking the wheel of the GS 450h 2011," said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Lexus in Canada. "A dynamic performance, high fuel efficiency and absolute luxury in a vehicle a completely equipped - the GS 450h offers an uncompromised experience conceived to delight. "
Characteristics of uncompromising luxury
The GS 450h is equipped with a generous array of features comfort, style, convenience and luxury. For example:
• A luxurious and contemporary interior with seats, steering wheel, shift knob gear and door trim leather sheaths, interior trim maple madre, door handles interieures CHROME high quality Lighting System A garage door opener integrated and more.
• Automatic temperature control has two areas with cleaner air filter and heating vents at the back
• Seats driver and passenger Heated front and ventilated 10-way power adjustable
• A premium audio system has 14 speakers Mark Levinson changer has 6 DVD, USB, Bluetooth capability and integrated XM satellite radio plug system with HDD navigation and voice command
• Smart Key System with Push Button Start
The GS 450h differentiates the model GS 350 with some subtle touches. In addition to a new external color - Black Mica - the vehicle features a blue hybrid designation on the moldings rocker lateral, a designation of the model enameled aluminum and blue in the back, a front grille, wheels 18 inch light alloy, an engine cover Lexus Hybrid System, logos "L" Blue front and rear, a blue tint headlights, taillights transparent lids and a speedometer that replaces the tachometer.
Performance and handling
The GS 450h is equipped 2011 hybrid Lexus exclusive system specially adapted to the unique characteristics of driving this sedan. It is powered by a powerful V6 engine has 24 valves 3.5L with lightweight aluminum block, double camshaft in head, distribution system has variable valve timing with intelligence double direct injection system and intake system to control acoustics, among other features. This powerful engine is mated to an electric motor high torque, high capacity battery, and evolved a system of energy management to produce a net power of 340 horsepower COMBINED impressive and an emission Tier 2 Bin 3 equally impressive.
The driving force is transmitted to the rear wheels through a continuously variable transmission and electronic control (VTEC) with lever shift multimode sequential and snow mode. The acceleration is spirited, but surprisingly quiet and flexible. And displays a remarkable combined fuel consumption of 8.2 L/100 km (city / highway).
For dynamic handling, the variable suspension allows the driver to choose between four driving modes depending on road conditions, the weather conditions and the occasion.
Each GS 450h is equipped with a generous array of passive safety systems:
• The integrated management system of the vehicle dynamics (VDIM) evolved benefited device control of the vehicle stability (VSC), Traction Control and assist control and hill start
• Assisted ventilated disc brakes at the front and at the rear with anti-lock braking system, brake assist and electronic brake force distribution, a more integrated system of regenerative braking, which captures the kinetic energy and uses it to recharge the high-voltage hybrid battery
• 10 airbags (airbags has both sides driver and front passenger phases, seat-mounted side bags front and rear, airbags driver knee and front passenger and curtain airbags front and rear)
• Active front head restraints with protection against whiplash more anchor points for child restraint seats, child protector locks the doors back, a first aid kit and more
• Wipers active rain, high intensity discharge headlamps with Adaptive Front Lighting System, headlamp washers and fog lights, more lights LED high visibility stop in a rapid action.
• Intuitive Parking Assist System
Price and availability:
The 2011 Lexus GS 450h is now on sale across Canada for a suggested retail price of the manufacturer (pfsd) a starting $ 71,750.
View the gallery
Read more about:
More Popular Images