Silver Wedding minivan Chrysler
Without doubt, the world is not what it was 25 years ago. In 1983, Ronald Reagan was president of the United States, the Internet was created, the first cell phone was launched and Michael Jackson performed for the first time his famous "moonwalk". This is also the year in which Chrysler presented the first minivan and triggered a revolution in the automotive world. With this launch, Chrysler has created a new category of vehicles that redefined the automotive industry. The company has sold more than 12 million minivans worldwide, and its vehicles have received over 260 awards and prices. At head of sector 65 innovations in the minivan category, it holds more than 45% of this market in Canada.
The origins of "Autobeaucoup"
Chrysler Corporation (as the company was then called) has created the minivan in 1983 to respond to new needs that pierced on the market. Indeed, in the late 70s, many baby boomers were beginning to start a family and were in search of a solution of economic alternatives in the field of motor transport. Designers and engineers from Chrysler, having understood that the full-size vans, though popular, has disadvantages, have created a more fuel efficient vehicle, easy access and axis on the family.
- Having invented the minivan, Chrysler manufactures the first model 2 November 1983.
- In the 25 first years, Chrysler and Dodge sold more than 12 million minivans, more than any other manufacturer.
- Chrysler minivans sold in over 80 countries.
- In the first advertisement of the minivan in Quebec, this car had been nicknamed the "Autobeaucoup" ("magic wagon" in the United States).
Satellite broadcasting include the following extracts audio-video:
- Ewasyshysn Frank, Executive Vice President, Chrysler Manufacturing.
- Ralph Sarotte, original designer of the minivan.
- Lee Iacocca message on the importance of the minivan.
- To be determined
These extracts are free and unlimited use. Broadcasters: courtesy of Chrysler, LLC
DATE OF FEED: Monday, November 3
15 h 15 h 15 30 HE
16 h 15 to 16 h 30 HE
17 h 15 to 17 h 30 HE
Read more about:
More Popular Images