Ford Canada commemorates its 105 years of existence
It is with great pride that Ford Canada this year celebrates its 105 years of existence, and because, if we take into account the economic situation is rife everywhere across the planet, especially in our American neighbors and their automobile industry that rerouve rather precarious situations, and although Ford seems If output with more elegance than-General Motors and Ford. Imagine in 1904, was carried out huge investments to the tune of $ 125,000 to establish the Ford Company of Canada. Today with an equivalent amount, you can get two vehicles Ford, Lincoln Navigator SUV and Ford Taurus sedan, not more ...
Ford Canada celebrates its 105th anniversary
OAKVILLE, Ontario, August 17, 2009 - There has 105 years, Gordon McGregor, a Canadian entrepreneur, signed an agreement with Henry Ford and invested $ 125,000 to establish Ford Canada Walkerville Wagon Works in Windsor, Ontario.
At its beginnings, the company has arrived barely survive, producing only 117 cars its first year, with 17 employees. Over the next decades, however, Ford Canada became the Canadian automaker the longest established in Canada and plays a preponderant role in the economic development of the country.
Since its inception, Ford Canada:
- employed more than 120,000 people in its offices and production facilities across the country;
- produced more than 28 million vehicles, including cars, trucks, minivans, vehicles crossovers, military vehicles and agricultural tractors same;
- built more than 21 million engines.
Today, Ford continues to serve Canadians targeting what matters most to consumers - quality, safety, fuel economy and smart technologies. Since the last two months, Ford was the most efficient manufacturer - best seller - in Canada.
Other key achievements:
- The 2009 Ford Flex, built in Canada, was named the CUV of the Year by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC).
- The Ford F Series is the most sold in Canada for 43 years on the truck.
- Ford SYNC ™ was awarded the prize for best new 2008 AJAC technology.
- The Ford Escape Hybrid was awarded for a fifth consecutive year, the price ecoENERGY for vehicle multifunction most economical in fuel AWARDED by the Office to Energy Efficiency of Natural Resources Canada.
- The Ford Ranger has obtained each year since 2003, the ecoENERGY award for the most economic fuel truck in AWARDED by the Office to Energy Efficiency of Natural Resources Canada.
- Ford wins 2009 CAA Pyramid in the Innovation category of the year in matters of security for its wide angle mirror (information BLIS system) and the company also won the award in 2009 CAA Pyramid in the Environmental Initiative of the Year category for its seats containing one hundred percent recycled materials. This is a historical first, as no other manufacturer has ever won both awards.
About Ford Motor Company of Canada Limited
Ford Canada facilities include a national head office, three regional offices, two branch offices, four vehicle assembly plants and manufacturing engines and two parts distribution centers. Ford employs approximately 7,400 people in Canada, while 18 000 people working in over 400 establishments Ford and Ford Lincoln across the country. For more information, visit www.ford.ca.
Read more about:
More Popular Images