Mazda revealed its "SKYACTIV" next generation technologies
The first product to incorporate the "SKYACTIV" technology will be a Mazda Demio, which will be equipped with a direct injection engine of next generation energy efficient improves, showing a fuel economy of 30 km/L--
Highlights of the SKYACTIV technologies:
- SKYACTIV-G: A motor gasoline direct injection at very high efficiency next generation presenting the higher rate of compression on the market, or 14.0:1
- SKYACTIV-D clean diesel engine A next generation presenting the lowest compression ratio on the market, or 14.0: 1
- SKYACTIV-Drive: An automatic transmission has very high efficiency next generation
- A compact manual gearbox next generation whose weight has been reduced considerably, which allows gear changes smoothly
- A slight body has high rigidity next generation, offering exceptional performance in matters of protection in case of collision
- A lightweight chassis has high performance next generation, ensuring a balance between precise maneuverability and ride comfort
Mazda Motor Corporation today announced the launch of its SKYACTIV next-generation technologies - including engines, gearboxes, bodywork and chassis -., Which will begin to be incorporated into products from Mazda 2011 Mazda Demio (known overseas as the Mazda2) will be the first model to incorporate the SKYACTIV technology and will be sold in Japan from the first half of 2011. It will be powered by the SKYACTIV-G petrol engine a next-generation direct injection Mazda, the fuel consumption has been improved considerably thanks to its compression ratio of 14.0:1 student of *. Mazda Demio SKYACTIV-G will provide a fuel economy of 30 km per liter ** without using a electric motor.
SKYACTIV is a general term to designate the innovative technologies of next generation Mazda that are developed in accordance with the long-term vision of the company in matters of development of technologies:
The philosophy of Zoom-Zoom responsible. The SKYACTIV name is intended to reflect the desire of Mazda to offer its customers both driveability outstanding performance chapters of the safety and environmental protection. To achieve this goal, Mazda has implemented an internal modular strategy whose completion is planned for 2015. This ambitious strategy is reflected in the full optimization of the core technologies of Mazda, which determine the performance of its main vehicles, as well as by the progressive introduction of electric devices such as regenerative braking and a hybrid system. All technologies developed under this modular strategy will be part of the group SKYACTIV.
Mr. Takashi Yamanouchi, representative director of Mazda, Chairman of the Board and CEO, said: "Mazda is renewing its full range of powertrains and platforms while revolutionizing every manufacturing process from the stage of research and development until the production in series. It makes no compromises when addressing conflicting objectives. Rather we implemented a revolutionary approach to technical innovation in all areas, which gave incredible and unexpected results. The next generation engine that will power the first Mazda Demio and will be commercialized in the first half of 2011 is one of our many successes.
Offering excellent fuel economy of 30 km per liter, the Demio SKYACTIV will be an efficient and pleasant car to drive that will satisfy the desires of each for the authorization of conduct. Not to mention the many other new products to add to the Mazda range in the coming years. "
Overview of SKYACTIV technologies
A petrol engine has direct injection at very high efficiency next generation, presenting the highest compression ratio in the world for a petrol engine or 14.0:1, and producing no abnormal combustion (a jerk) .
- The first petrol engine in the world for vehicles produced in serie a show a compression ratio of 14.0:1
- Engine whose performance has been greatly improved thanks to its high compression ratio, which corresponds to a 15% improvement in fuel consumption and torque
- Improvement in the conduct of everyday thanks to increased torque at low and medium speeds
- High compression ratio thanks to the use of a system of 4-2-1 exhaust, pistons fitted with a cavity, a multi-port injectors, and other innovative techniques
A clean diesel engine that will meet the next generation of global emission regulations and will not require expensive aftertreatment NOx emissions
- Selective Catalytic Reduction (SRC) using an aqueous solution of urea or lean NOx catalyst mixture (ALS) - given that possesses the lowest compression ratio in the world for a diesel engine, 14, 0:1.
- 20% reduction in fuel consumption thanks to low compression ratio of 14.0:1
- A new two-stage turbocharger provides a uniform and linear response from low to high speed, and greatly increases the torque at low and high speeds (up to its maximum diet of 5200 revolutions / minute)
- Complies with regulations on the overall emission (Euro 6 in Europe, trading on Tier 2 Bin 5 Emissions in North America, and new long-term regulations in Japan), and requires no costly aftertreatment NOx emissions
An automatic transmission has very high efficiency next generation, showing excellent performance of torque transfer thanks to the use of a wider range of gears, and possessing the best characteristics of all types of gearboxes.
- Combines all the advantages of conventional automatic transmissions, continuously variable boxes and boxes has dual clutch
- A range of gears widened considerably improves the performance of the torque transfer, and provides a direct maneuverability equivalent to that offered by a manual transmission
- An improvement of 4 to 7% of the fuel consumption compared to that of the current speed box
A manual transmission mild and compact next generation providing a regular and precise maneuverability similar to that offered by a sports optimized car for a FWD vehicle whose engine is placed at the front.
- Short stroke shift lever and shift smoothly
- Considerable reduction in size and weight with the assistance of a modified structure
- Compact size for more efficient Layouts Vehicle
- Improvement in fuel consumption thanks to a reduction of internal friction
A slight and extremely rigid body next generation, showing outstanding performance in matters of protection in a collision, as well as extreme rigidity, which improves drivability.
- Rigidity and lightness extremes (8% Lighter, 30% stiffer)
- Lightness and exceptional protection in case of collision
- A "right structure" in which each section of the frame is configured to be as straight as possible. Moreover, we adopt an approach of "continuity of the structure," whereby each section of the frame works in conjunction with other sections to which it is connected.
- Weight reduction through optimized bonding methods and increased use of high strength steel
A lightweight chassis has very high efficiency next generation, ensuring a balance between precise maneuverability and ride comfort to provide driving pleasure.
- A front suspension struts and rear multilink newly developed confers rigidity to the chassis a great lightness and extreme (the entire frame is 14% lighter than the version
- Skill has average speed and stability at high speed - improves ride comfort thanks to all speed to the modification of the functional allocation of all components of the suspension and steering
* The compression ratio and some engine technologies vary depending on the type of fuel used and specifications of vehicles.
** Measured from the results of the driving cycle Japanese fashion 10-15.
View the gallery
Read more about:
More Popular Images