2012 Chevrolet Volt: A fixed starting price was $ 41,545
The famous Chevrolet Chevrolet Volt in finished more to announce, but this time we approach more and more reality. First, because the Chevrolet division of Canada has announced that the electric sedan prolonged autonomy is offered at a price fixed departure was $ 41,545.
In addition, you can mainteant of placing your order.
The 2012 Chevrolet Volt will be concessions during the third quarter of this year.
Here is the press release about this car:
Chevrolet Canada began taking orders for the Volt
Oshawa (Ontario), Monday, May 2, 2011 - Starting today, participating Chevrolet dealers in seven key steps to begin taking orders for the all-new 2012 Chevrolet Volt. Offered a starting MSRP of $ 41.545, the Chevrolet Volt is the first electric car was prolonged autonomy in the industry. Unlike other electric vehicles available in the market, the Chevrolet Volt will never leave the driver unawares because of a flat battery has.
"The Chevrolet Volt is an award winning after being recognized as the only electric car that can respond to all the needs of drivers, has said Kevin Williams, president and general director of GM of Canada. The Volt offers all the advantages: significant reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, revolutionary propulsion system, avant-garde look, thrilling performance, security makes reference in the industry, upscale amenities and friendly technologies. "
The Chevrolet Volt has won the title of ecological car of the year 2011 at the International Auto Show in New York. Before delight As such, the Volt has won numerous awards in North America including:
• North American Car of the year
• Car of the year 2011 Motor Trend
• Green Car of the year 2011 according to Green Car Journal
• Car of the year 2011, according to CAR Magazine
• The 10 Best Cars by Car and Driver magazine
• 2010 Technology Innovation by Popular Mechanics
• Ward's 10 Best Engines of the magazine, a recognition for the Advanced powertrain of the Volt
The Volt will be initially offered to detail in areas of Vancouver, Victoria, Toronto, Oshawa, Ottawa-Gatineau, Montreal and Quebec commencing on the third quarter of the year. Less than twelve months of its launch in detail, the Volt will be presented in full demonstration of dealers across the country. The Volt will be proposed in a very well equipped version and offer two groups of options: a high-end fittings and a group group back camera and rear parking radar.
The Volt, a category in itself
The Chevrolet Volt is not a hybrid vehicle. This is a unique fully electric vehicle designed and manufactured to operate in all weather conditions and displaying a range of up to 580 km. Powered by the revolutionary Voltec propulsion system for GM, the Volt is equipped with a lithium-ion 16 kWh and an electric drive unit that offers a range of 40 to 80 km in electric-only mode as floor conditions, driving habits and temperature. A petrol engine of 1.4 L increases autonomy of 500 km additional vehicle with one tank of fuel supplied to the electric drive unit, until the vehicle is charging or branch and up that refueling is done. This peculiarity distinguishes the Volt from electric vehicles which can only be used if it is possible to recharge on-the-field-for example, during a power outage or a long journey.
"The Chevrolet Volt makes the electric driving as productive, efficient, intuitive, safe and pleasant than any other high-end vehicle available in the market," said Marc Comeau, vice-president of sales, after-sales and marketing of GM Canada.
All major components of the Volt were designed to provide efficiency and think, including a highly aerodynamic exterior, lightweight wheels, special tires, a premium sound system low energy, and much more. This attention to detail makes the Volt has to be the most aerodynamic and more energy-efficient vehicle in the market.
The Volt is always connected to its owner
The electric propulsion system has the Volt is not the only technology that impresses. Intuitive equipment such as high resolution, the connectivity and the ability to check screens and remotely control functions of the vehicle redefine the relationship between an owner and his vehicle.
Here are some of its key technologies:
• Touch controls in the center console
• Screen Information Centre high resolution edge color 7-inch LED has configurable The screen displays battery in electric mode, fuel consumption, autonomy prolonged, the data on the drive, tire pressure, and other important messages.
• The high resolution touch screen color 7-inch mounted in the center console also serves as an interface for the infotainment system and air conditioning controls. Control energy efficiency very friendly enables access screens use of energy, the power output and the load.
• The charging modes can be customized according to the needs and electricity rates.
• The remote control allows the driver to start the vehicle remotely and warm up or cool the interior according to outside temperature.
• An exclusive mobile app, OnStar MyLink of allows the owner to enjoy the Volt functions using a smart phone.
Warranty Volt: good quality-price ratio and peace of mind
The owner of the Volt enjoys an excellent warranty on the battery and on the new vehicle. In addition to the limited warranty of eight years or 160,000 km on the lithium-ion 16 kWh, Chevrolet offers:
• Complete three-year warranty and 60 000 km
• Roadside Assistance and Courtesy Transportation five-year or 160 000 km
• Five years or 160 000 km petrol engine
• Six years or 160 000 km against corrosion.
Read more about:
More Popular Images