The 10 Best Engines of 2014, according to Ward's Automotive
The 10 Best Engines of 2013, according to Ward's Automotive
This year marks the 20th edition of the nomenclature of the 10 best engines of the year, according to Ward's Automotive.
For model year 2014, the American Society of specialists have evaluated 44 engines.
To be eligible, these mills are to be under the hood of a model markets in the first quarter of 2014.
Engine blocks are judges for their performance at various levels: technological approach, power and torque, sonority, competitiveness facing competition, consumption and polluting fumes.
The last five winners:
- 2009: 2.0 L TFSI turbo DOHC 4L (Audi A4 Avant);
- 2010: 2.0 L TFSI turbo DOHC 4L (Audi A4);
- 2011: 3.0 L TFSI supercharged V6 DOHC a (Audi S4);
- 2012: 3.0 L TFSI supercharged V6 DOHC a (Audi A6);
- 2013: 3.0 L TFSI supercharged V6 DOHC a (Audi S5).
As you can see, over the previous five years, the German brand Audi seems to be alone in the universe, finding himself in the position of head five times.
The 10 Best Engines 2014
- 3.0 L TFSI supercharged V6 DOHC a (Audi S5);
- 3.0L inline 6 turbodiesel has DOHC (BMW 328i);
- 3.0 L DOHC V6 turbodiesel has (RAM 1500 Ecodiesel);
- Electric motor 83 kW (Fiat 500e);
- 1.0 L 4-line DOHC EcoBoost (Ford Fiesta);
- 2.0 L 4-line turbodiesel has DOHC (Chevrolet Cruze diesel);
- 6.2L V8 OHV (Chevrolet Corvette Stingray);
- 3.5L V6 SOHC (Honda Accord);
- 2.7 L 6 a flat Boxer (Porsche Cayman);
- 1.8L 4 in line turbo DOHC (Volkswagen Jetta).
This year, for the title of "Best Engine of the Year" by Ward's Automotive, there are four German car engines, four-engine cars americaines, a Japanese engine and an Italian electric motor.
For 2014, the nomenclature of the 10 Best Engines of the year includes:
- five six-cylinder engines;
- three four-cylinder engines;
- a V8 engine;
- an electric motor.
For the seventh consecutive year, the prize goes to an engine designed by Audi.
Read more about:
More Popular Images