Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia begins already plans to expand
- The annual capacity will increase from 300,000 to 360,000 vehicles in 2012
- Expansion projects represent an investment of $ 100 million and 1,000 new jobs
- Emeritus Optima sedan will be built side-by-side with the Sorento CUV in September 2011
Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia, Inc. (KMMG) plant Kia Motors Corp.. United States, has just begun a series of expansion projects in each of the four workshops of the factory - stamping, welding, painting and assembly. - to increase the annual production of 360,000 vehicles in 2012 This is Following the announcement of a Kia Motors International Auto Show New York 2011 that the intermediate sedan Emeritus Optima would be added to the assembly line.
As of September 2011, the Optima 2012 model year will be built side-by-side with the Sorento CUV, one of the best sellers of the brand of one month to another since his arrival in dealerships in January . 2,010 Besides the physical expansion, KMMG has its full hiring nearly 1,000 new members in preparation process team has the addition of a third work schedule - debutant later this month - and bearing has more than 3,000 the total number of jobs created at the plant.
"The success of the West Point plant FOLLOWS dedication of the members of our team and the quality of each category of global vehicle they build, as well as increased demand. The addition of new members even more proves our commitment to the economy of the United States and the region, "emphasized Byung Mo Ahn, group president and CEO of Kia Motors America and KMMG.
"Kia is the fastest growing in the United States, led by our best seller, the Sorento. As the current demand for the Optima Emeritus exceeds availability, we are proud to add the popular sedan as the second Kia vehicle of our production chain. "
Representing an additional investment of $ 100 million from Kia Motors plant in West Point a billion $, current projects include:
• installing a second press transfer 4900 tonnes workshop stamping;
• Adding automata the welding shop;
• Expansion of the paint shop to the LILO complexity involved in producing a third model;
• Increasing the production line at the existing premises and installation of equipment in the assembly shop;
• the expansion of the rail network to efficiently handle the increased volume; and
• adding more than 500 additional spaces in the parking lot for the crew members.
Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia
Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia (KMMG) is the first North American plant of Kia Motors Corporation of Seoul, Korea. The KMMG is located on a site of 2,200 acres in West Point, Georgia. It built the 2011 Kia Sorento, production began on 16 November 2009. At full capacity, the plant can build 360,000 vehicles per year with piece of American and global source.
Read more about:
More Popular Images