AJAC presents its winners for 2014
There are more than 80 Canadian journalists, members of the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC), who spent a week in full to test 174 vehicles eligibles has won the title of best model in each of the 12 categories preset.
This exercise commonly called "Test Fest" takes place during five intensive days on the grounds of the Airport Regional Niagara District, Ontario.
Mazda won three trophies:
- Mazda3: Best Small Car under $ 21,000;
- Mazda3 Sport: Best Small Car over $ 21,000;
- Mazda6: Best New Family Car over $ 30,000.
General Motors share with two statuettes:
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: best sports car performance;
- GMC Sierra: best truck.
Kia did the same:
- Soul: Best Family Car under $ 30,000;
- Sorento: best sport utility and crossover between 35 and $ 60,000.
The winner in each category is:
Small Car (under $ 21,000): Mazda3
Small Car (over $ 21,000): Mazda3 Sport
Family Car (under $ 30,000): Kia Soul
Family Car (over $ 30,000): Mazda6
Luxury Car (under $ 50,000): Lexus IS 350 RWD
Luxury Car (over $ 50,000): Infiniti Q50 Hybrid
Sports car and performance (over $ 50,000): Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
Car of prestige and performance (over $ 75,000): Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Sport and crossover utility (under $ 35,000): Jeep Cherokee
Sport and crossover utility (between 35 and 60 thousand USD): Kia Sorento
Sport and crossover utility (over $ 60,000): Acura MDX
Trucks: GMC Sierra
* These results were compiled by KPMG.
Read more about:
More Popular Images